Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #738 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
More people should review this. I'm still so proud of it. Songs For The Living is currently a work in progress and will hopefully be released soon.

I will review it all just to show you up

so for this https://catswithhats.bandcamp.com/al...s-for-the-dead

There's a nice shaky and texture-y and calm way to start everything with deep and distorted vocals that I'm more or less indifferent towards, but the soundburst blanketing those vocals is just extra choice to not avoid. It sounds pretty good. Builds and rebuilds logical structure. This next track is a way more organized sound than the first. Organized. Let my genius humor sink in.

It's more melodic tone-wise but there's still ever changing layers of sounds that are ear pleasing. Next track is more of the same. I mean, it doesn't sound the same , but it takes on the same style I've been describing.

Interlude: A Funeral For The Man That Killed Himself - sounds almost orchestral and grand, and there's vocals under it that pretty much morph into more lush soundscapes. It gets more quiet here. Then after is a much brighter and twinklier little bit that has some synth droning that kinda sounds like it's been stretched if I had to guess. But that makes it sound awesome and quite literally expands sounds similar to what we've heard and fills it in with more nice reverberations. The next song employs recognizable melody right off the bat, so it took you 5 tracks to sell out.

But... it's a pretty cool song that is different from the rest and has a sound almost like certain industrial techno/electro acts with distorted glitchy beats.

On Haunted Grounds is a little bit ambient and stormy for a few minutes until a reversed synth/instrument takes it away. Next track is totally the best one. It sounds like some horrific and haunted ballroom with drones laid over maddeningly ambient and distorted ball-esque music.

Closer is standard and good sounding drone

and this: https://catswithhats.bandcamp.com/al...for-the-living

So it starts off sounding like the whole style of the last one, but there's more emphasis on the distorted orchestration. It's very full and good intro-y.

There's a lot of sounds I've been hearing so far that sound like heavily distorted violin? Well there's some high pitched stuff on the next track. Short and unremarkable but not offensively so. The next track sounds a lot like the opener of the last album, but it builds the sound more and incorporates more layers of distant orchestration. Nice ambient.

Proceed With Caution is downright awesome like some kind of industrial modern classical music. Nah like really awesome. Perhaps your best song ever. Then the last track is very full and uniquely layered orchestra stuff like the last but like, you know, different. Is that a harmonica or something?

Two albums that have a related style but both with distinct feeling and experiments, and all around good music in general.

how do you like that, fuck ball

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote