Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #5329 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Well, all I can say about that is you don't know my experiences. I've dealt with things in my life and I could relate to a lot of what was going on in the show. I don't think the point of the show was to delve into the mind of someone who is depressed but to get people to see that their actions have consequences. You can't dump reality on people who aren't ready for it, you need to ease them into it. And this show does that.
The bolded proves my entire point though. If you're going to make a TV show about depression and not focus on the intensities and personal details of depression, don't ****ing bother. All it's doing is marketing to those that "believe they have depression" and not really showing the actual issues that come along with it. Which like I said before is putting a big blanket on the term altogether.

That's perfectly fine that you've had your own experiences and I'm not saying your perspective is wrong. But that also doesn't mean my opinion is any less valid. You guys couldn't have been quicker to jump on the wagon of debating with those that disagree with the show and how the story is told. It's not seen the same way by everyone.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote