Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #5633 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So did you miss the part about crime in there or did you ignore it because it contradicted your point? It's a legally based decision. Congress makes the laws. Obviously there are ways for that relationship to be abused, but come on dude, it absolutely is a matter of legality. I'm done moving forward with this stupid ass disagreement. If you're not, out your thoughts on a ledger somewhere and just take my word that you're wrong.
Reading comprehension is again failing you.

The Constitution defines impeachment at the federal level and limits impeachment to "The President, Vice President, and all civil officers of the United States" who may be impeached and removed only for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors". Several commentators have suggested that Congress alone may decide for itself what constitutes a "high crime or misdemeanor", especially since Nixon v. United States stated that the Supreme Court did not have the authority to determine whether the Senate properly "tried" a defendant. In 1970, then-House Minority Leader Gerald R. Ford defined the criterion as he saw it: "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."

Stop being a dullard just to argue with me.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”