Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 05:20 AM   #5680 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Personally, I'd feel more comfortable if the discussion in this thread were kept more on topic. IRL Chula and his family clearly have some worrying financial and health problems. If he chooses to confide them to us, I think we should either show some sympathy or keep quiet. None of that information should be used for making negative comments or scoring debate points.
__________________________________________________ ______________________

On topic, I can't remember a time when American politics were this exciting. Last night on an MNBC show, they were really laying into the Republican party. I wish now I'd written a memo, or "memcon" as I have just learned they are called, because one commentator made the following points:-

i) last night, there were no GOP members on tv prepared to debate the latest Trump fiasco
ii) doners to the GOP are watching tv, though, and they are not at all happy
iii) the history of the Russian investigation is being written now, and the silence of the GOP will be held against them by history; how can they stand aside and let Trump bully the FBI and cozy up to Russia, inviting them and their press to the WH and giving them classified info?
iv) with Nixon's impeachment, 40 politicians went to prison because they were sucked into helping the leader of their party and ended up doing illegal stuff. Republicans involved in anything to do with the Russian investigation will find themselves under similar scrutiny, and the first question will be; why did you say nothing?
v) who wants to talk about tax reform now? The combination of loyalty to Trump, and Trump's bull-in-a-china-shop self-inflicted disasters means that the entire Republican agenda has become derailed.
vi) The Republicans have painted themselves into a corner; to investigate or not investigate, to impeach or not impeach. All roads spell disaster for them.

Bottom line: lots of sympathy for Chula. Zero sympathy for Republicans.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 05-17-2017 at 05:26 AM.