Music Banter - View Single Post - 1983-2000 Vs 2000-2017
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Obviously, the Esham connection is easier to see. Why, in particular, Ice Cube? Also, as you know, I've had your back with ICP but I find it difficult to think of them as better than Esham and not even in the same universe as Cube. Really?
1. The Ice Cube connection is really with their first album, which sounds like a charmingly cut-rate Amerikkka's Most Wanted. Obviously they can't impersonate Ice Cube well enough for it to be totally apparent, but they were definitely on dat Ice dick. Even the production was taking as much influence from Cube as they could with as little money as they had.

2. It's not that I think they're better than Ice Cube or Esham as MC's, but I just like listening to ICP more. Like I said, they had a unique approach and personality that makes them one of the most unique groups in hip hop, and even if I can't relate to ICP's mentality or message they somehow still click with me to a far greater degree than Cube or Esham.

3. I had no idea you liked ICP. Either I missed that post or you were drunk and thought you'd made a post you didn't. What are your thoughts on ICP, juggalos, and Psychopathic in general?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote