Music Banter - View Single Post - 1983-2000 Vs 2000-2017
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 01:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
1. The Ice Cube connection is really with their first album, which sounds like a charmingly cut-rate Amerikkka's Most Wanted. Obviously they can't impersonate Ice Cube well enough for it to be totally apparent, but they were definitely on dat Ice dick. Even the production was taking as much influence from Cube as they could with as little money as they had.

2. It's not that I think they're better than Ice Cube or Esham as MC's, but I just like listening to ICP more. Like I said, they had a unique approach and personality that makes them one of the most unique groups in hip hop, and even if I can't relate to ICP's mentality or message they somehow still click with me to a far greater degree than Cube or Esham.

3. I had no idea you liked ICP. Either I missed that post or you were drunk and thought you'd made a post you didn't. What are your thoughts on ICP, juggalos, and Psychopathic in general?
ICP is funny, colorful, brilliantly entertaining, and surprisingly very well produced. I actually consider them a litmus test band. If you can't admit ICP is fun take the ****ing stick out of your ass. I suspect people who claim not to like them are more concerned with being associated with their admittedly immature fanbase than their honest aesthetic concerns. I love Juggalos and think there really is a difference a Juggalo and a Juffalo. I love that Down with the Clown Till I'm Dead in the Ground. Right up there with the Kiss Army and Dead Heads. What a fanbase! Remember those kids whose baby died and they had a big Juggalo funeral? Wow. It's like Dimebag in the Kiss Koffin! YouTube clips Tia Tequila being harangued at the gathering. lol. I like her, too. She thought her tits would win the crowd over but these weren't no Hell's Angels! But the bands on the label... I have to try to go that far. I guess ICP did what needed doing. I don't need a bunch of KISS clones either.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote