Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #6195 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The logic is perfectly reasonable. What about Trump gives you the impression that he is a mastermind and not just an impulsive blowhard who might just be trying to send a message to the next guy in line for the job regardless of whether or not this would actually be effective?
Well that's the point really, and one I've iterated here a few times in the past. Trump isn't a grand mastermind, schemer, or the 4D chessmaster that his fans think he is. He's a walking, talking meme who revels in the spotlight. But the strange thing is that everyone I know (friends, work, etc.) who are liberal seem to think he's both at the same time. Sure he's surrounded by people with 2nd or 3rd degree ties to Russia or Ukraine, but they don't seem to be doing much besides picking their noses and crying while Trump pits them against each other for laughs.

And because I've known all that about him for pretty much as long as I've been alive, most of the screeching on the far-to-moderate left about him pulling off some grand coup with Russia is cringey to me and a big distraction from more serious issues.

If Russia's only goal was to reinstall a Cold War mentality in the extremist political echo chambers of our country, then they've achieved their goal with flying colors. If their goal was anything more substantial (such as lifting sanctions or bringing about measureable policy changes on our end in their favor) then they should have worked more with Podesta and "hacked" the election in Clinton's favor. She would have been far easier to predict and manipulate, since Trump has no problem turning 180 degrees on anything without consulting anyone.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 06-07-2017 at 07:17 PM.