Music Banter - View Single Post - The Islam Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #343 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
lol that post, 'the saving 1 life is like saving all of mankind thing as well'
It's from the Mishnah circa 3rd century AD, only a few centuries before.

Quote:
Whoever destroys a soul, it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life, it is considered as if he saved an entire world. https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talmud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
We all know it's in there.

You missed the bit before what you quoted though and the very next verse outlines the brutal ways in which people can actually be killed.
That happens quite often.

Quote:

President Obama in his speech said " The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind."

005.032 On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

005.033 The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

Read more: Blog: Obama quotes verse 5:32, omits 5:33

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote