Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem
Thread: Eminem
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 AM   #465 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB17 View Post
Yeah
Not my point though, shocking music in general has been made before and after Eminem and better too, special thing about Em was that he tired to be gross and relatable on a animal instinct level all when he was selling ****loads of records and going on TV and et cetera, I'm not claiming that he was the first to do that of course, but it made him more interesting to me.
No, I understand. Eminem was the first artists I heard that said dark and ****ed up **** like that. Just pointing out who influenced it. Esham. He's one of the most influential artists in underground hip hop but rarely gets shine for it. He had a direct and heavy influence on Eminem's Slim Shady gimmick, on Kid Rock mixing rap with rock, on every single little thing ICP has done and on Danny Brown's experimental drug music.

Edit: Yeah, that's where the whole 'Slim Shady' sound came from. Old school Esham rapping about drugs, murder and suicide over classic rock samples.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote