Music Banter - View Single Post - What Did President Trump Do Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #6491 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

That's an overused quote, but applicable here.

As per usual, Trump's logic is confusing to the point that its impenetrable. Here's what bothers me.
  1. He implies that poor people are uninformed about the economy, which is a...weird conclusion. I know for a fact that children that grow up in a poor household always have a worse education than people who don't. From that standpoint, I guess Trump is right, but he's not nominating a child to that position, he's nominating an adult, which is entirely different. An adult can be poor for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with whether they are knowledgeable about the economy or not. That brings me to my next point which is...
  2. According to Trump's daughter, Trump was greatly in debt at some point, yet he considers himself to be an outstanding businessman—and more importantly, he maintained that he was a good businessman during this indeterminable period of low SES. That flies in the face of what he's implying here with this quote.
  3. We don't know if Trump is actually a good businessman because we don't have his financial history (i.e., his tax returns.) If he was poor at the same time he was claiming to be a good businessman, he's again contradicting himself.
Somebody saying they want an individual with no serious financial success track record in the position Trump is talking about is like saying you want somebody who paints fences for a living doing open heart surgery on you: I'm sure he could try, but the results would speak for themselves.

Love him or hate him, Trump has been successful in business. He's never been in a position where he's never had some form of cashflow equally hundreds of millions from one thing or another. Going through bankruptcy a few times doesn't disqualify that, since he's bounced back numerous times and continues to grow his core brand.

Its fine to debate the merits of Trump's policy decisions (since I don't agree with the majority of his cabinet picks either), but his income statements speak for themselves. His debt doesn't come anywhere near his total cashflow.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 06-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.