Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 AM   #811 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Absolutely not like what I heard before. The hook is great at points but goes a little heavy on the autotune, it could have used a little subtlety. Try out that glissando/legato a bit. Your verses are ass though. I will say that you have a kind of inflection to your rapping combined with the effects-riddled element of it that reminds me of Shabazz Palaces in a way. You might just be accidentally avant-garde genius my man. I'll give it a 5/10.

I like the twangy instrument but damn bro. ****ing cringe. The dollar store beats could work in some cases but who told you that was a good idea? You don't have to have a hook, you know. Better verses on this one though, flow is smoother and not annoying, certainly the saving grace of the track. I'll give it a 4/10.
I'm rapping over other people's beats it's for that project. First one is Crawl by Gambino and the dollar store beat was Travi$ Scott's Goosebumps.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote