Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #232 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
They were fanatical about winning dominion over those "pissant" islands. If the Allies hadn't gone in with flame throwers and burnt them out after they were already hunkered down the Japanese would have developed infrastructure and Navy bases to further their agenda. They had Korean slave labor as well. If those islands were strategically irrelevant the Allies wouldn't have sacrificed so much to control them.
I'm not that up on Midway, but the Aleutians were definitely not important to anybody. Those Japanese soldiers were basically abandoned once they'd done their job, and America only bothered with them because it was their home territory. They were a symbolic conquest with no strategic benefit for the sake ****ing with us.

Quote:
And Hitler was clear he wanted all non-Aryans dead. He wasn't particularly prone to compromise.
I doubt Hitler was particularly racially concerned with a nation of largely white Anglo-Saxons.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote