Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #4030 (permalink)
Coin-coin le Canapin
Groupie

Hi.
Since a few months, I listen to music in my bed before sleeping, in the dark, eyes closed and wearing ear-in headphones.

I've noticed that some music, with the good state of mind (and maybe the fatigue), will induce some extremely pleasant sensations, as well as more or less abstract thoughts or mental sceneries. Which for me never occurs when I listen to music in a neutral context; like doing something else (obviously) or actually listening to music instead of hearing it. For example when I spend one, two or three hours on youtube discovering new amazing stuff.
This is something else.

I often listened to music before sleeping, my favorite bands and so on, but I now listen to music (different ones) in the purpose of experimenting again this weird and extremely relaxing state.

I think it began when a friend made me discover this:

implex grace - through lumenescent passages II - sunrise over paradise

edit : I couldn't post url so I'll post the youtube id of each song:
2gV6GFAZ-WI

I never experienced something like this in my life and it was an amazing experience. Every night I listened to this and it was like a brain orgasm.

On every song, there are specific, key parts which will lead to this state or help me to feel it, usually for a few seconds.
In this one, almost all the song do the job. The voices are often an important voice.

Here are some other examples of songs that I have used or that I currently use for this purpose:

KOKIA - Tenjin no Komoriuta

jdhEzSQ6Vjg

Key parts: The choirs which move toward some more electronic sound (1:15, 1:30).

Paul Leonard-Morgan "Ma-Ma's Requiem" DREDD

CyxC5eVO2GE

Key parts: the electric guitar sounds (1:47, 2:40, etc)

Violet Cold - Lovegaze (2017)

mCGZWGQ5ukw

Here this is more the calm first part than the metal one which doesn't fit in what I'm looking for.
Key parts: The voices (2:26 and more). Means "I love you" in Turkish by the way.

Gris - L'aube

PPzL1Od_SOw

Key parts: The male screams and female singing at the end: 3:55 until the end. Amazing.

So I tried to identify what in these songs make me feel weird and good, often for a few seconds at specific parts.
I think almost all the parts have something creepy, ghostly, sad, haunting, with mesmerizing melodies.

Of course, this effect fades over time as I listen more and more the same song, so I keep using new ones. I use a song for some weeks and I'll listen to it again after, but less often. I also like to listen to two or three songs in a row before sleeping.

Can you relate to this experience? Do you have some good track that would fit my needs and desires?
Coin-coin le Canapin is offline   Reply With Quote