Music Banter - View Single Post - Memories
Thread: Memories
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:07 PM   #78 (permalink)
Zhanteimi
Mord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Without, I hope, crossing any line here (so tell me if I do) I'd like to ask Mord a question. Well, a few linked ones really. Did your father ever get what was coming to him? Is he still alive? If he is dead, do you believe (or hope) as a Christian, which I know you are, that he is in Hell, or if he is alive do you believe or hope that will be his final destination?
Is it even possible to cross a line on MB?

Anyway, thanks for asking. I hope I can provide my perspective.

First off, he wasn't my dad. He was my mom's third "husband". Did he get what was coming to him? As far as I know, no. Not in the sense of what you're talking about--some kind of justice. Basically, he got away with everything. My mom left him just before my 16th birthday. He'd stopped abusing me a couple years before that because he was smart and could see what a big man I would grow into. I never saw him after that, and my mom, being complicit in the whole thing, never sought justice.

Is he still alive? Last I heard a few years ago, he was. My sister got in contact with one of his daughters on Facebook. I saw a photo of him with his daughters (whom he never molested), and I was shocked. Why? Because as a child, I remembered him as a big scary man. As a 6'3" man myself, I was surprised at how small he is.

What do I, as a Christian, think about his final destination? Good question. I don't think about it, because I don't think about anyone's eternal destination. It's not my place. I'm not the judge of anyone. However, as a Christian, I hope--I dearly hope and pray--everyone gets to Heaven. I would never wish hell on anyone, not even my worst enemy. And that dude was my worst enemy.

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote