Music Banter - View Single Post - Memories
Thread: Memories
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 10:19 AM   #79 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Is it even possible to cross a line on MB?

Anyway, thanks for asking. I hope I can provide my perspective.

First off, he wasn't my dad. He was my mom's third "husband". Did he get what was coming to him? As far as I know, no. Not in the sense of what you're talking about--some kind of justice. Basically, he got away with everything. My mom left him just before my 16th birthday. He'd stopped abusing me a couple years before that because he was smart and could see what a big man I would grow into. I never saw him after that, and my mom, being complicit in the whole thing, never sought justice.

Is he still alive? Last I heard a few years ago, he was. My sister got in contact with one of his daughters on Facebook. I saw a photo of him with his daughters (whom he never molested), and I was shocked. Why? Because as a child, I remembered him as a big scary man. As a 6'3" man myself, I was surprised at how small he is.

What do I, as a Christian, think about his final destination? Good question. I don't think about it, because I don't think about anyone's eternal destination. It's not my place. I'm not the judge of anyone. However, as a Christian, I hope--I dearly hope and pray--everyone gets to Heaven. I would never wish hell on anyone, not even my worst enemy. And that dude was my worst enemy.
Wow. Thanks for that reply, and I must say you're a bigger man than I am - certainly in a literal sense but also in a figurative one - as I fervently hope my scumbag father (who IS my father, and the only one I ever had) goes directly to Hell, does not collect two hundred pounds and rots there for eternity in the most awful and unimaginable pain. It will be a start.

Sorry, I'm not really what you'd call a Christian, but my sister is, and she feels very much the same way (well, of course she would). Some things are impossible to forgive, impossible to forget, no matter how hard we might try to achieve the latter.