Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #6399 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yep, and as Occult mentions, the US will presumably lose access to long stretches of the Rio Grande too. Also, because it'll be so tricky to follow the exact line of the river, I expect any new wall construction will take a smoother route, leaving lots of US soil in a no-mans-land between the wall and the river.
It all equals lots of bad publicity and is another example of an ill-considered promise that I hope will fail in the execution like repeal-and-replace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You're testing my spanish here. Is canis slang for prisons?
^ I had to check with my son about that word; it's Spanish from Spain and means deliquents or rebels. (I posted the Skynet drone to make a satirical comparison between an inhumane, out-of-control dystopia and Trump's vision for border security. Perhaps it didn't come off right.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
They can deny that they will pay for it but he has ways of doing it. There was something mentioned about people that send money home having to pay more and a hike on imports.
^ I guess we'll have to wait and see how those schemes work out, dj.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 08-01-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote