Music Banter - View Single Post - Memories
Thread: Memories
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #90 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
I keep thinking about my best friend of 10+ years that I had a falling out with. Our friendship is not salvageable, unfortunately. Most of my better memories involve her seeing as we're both enormous goons. Once we somehow acquired a few boxes of brand new walkie talkies and had to pawn them all off. I think we used the money to buy massive amounts of burritos and wine, but the memory is hazy now. I really, really miss when we'd get a motel (..in our own town because there was nowhere else to go) room just to drink rum out of teacups and listen to terrible music while putting on mime makeup or whatever. Few people I meet or befriend irl these days are very fun for extended periods of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
playing sockball with my brother and friends is a nice memory i have. we would take a sock and put the end of the sock inside the top and make a ball, then put that inside another sock and so on. it turned out to be a baseball you could hit in a neighborhood full of cars and trucks.

we played football there during the football season also :/ now we barely even talk on facebook. he doesnt even reply back
Yeah, losing touch with childhood friends and family members is pretty sad. Especially up to the age of about twenty you can have such strong, instinctive bonds with people: not so easy to make those bonds as we get older.