Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #639 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I'm mostly into older European comics (Loisel, Bilal, Manara, Serpieri, etc. etc. etc.), although I do own some American and British graphic novels (Black Hole, Heart of Empire, Maus, In the Shadow of No Towers, Life With Mr Dangerous, Alice in Sunderland - for example).
A couple days ago, I finally managed to find a copy of this Francois Schuiten book on Amazon. I've been searching for it for literally several years with no luck. It would be completely unavailable in english, crazy expensive in danish and somewhat available in french. I can't read french, so I was just completely out of luck for the longest time. Now I finally found the damn thing on amazon. Must have had a reprint.

Like anything by the same artist, this comic has an interesting mixed historical setting with a vague hint of sci-fi and mysticism. I adore his very precise, thin-lined drawings. This book has a very interesting and odd storyline, that among other things involve an apartment that generates bucket loads of sand every day for no reason. I read it years ago at a library and I can't wait to read it again.

Not sure if anyone else in here have any interest in European comics from the 70's, 80's and 90's?

Last edited by MicShazam; 08-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote