Music Banter - View Single Post - Hypothetical: You're the sole beneficiary of a will
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #31 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Sounds wonderful. I could fill the mansion with exotic pets (and horses--assuming one can go outside) and maintain multiple intense letter correspondences, just like Lord Byron. (If I had enough animals, I could probably remain relatively sane and happy) And if I needed meds to help with the inevitable craziness, I'd just order them from an online pharmacy. If those eventually stop working, I'd give in and acquire two or three robots. We could start a band. (Oooh, one of the robots could be like one of those old Victorian-era automatons that played the harpsichord) Ideally ones that could speak and run errands for me. I realize I could have my employees run errands for me, but I'd much rather a robot (or trained raven) do it. (I'm imagining a hyper-realistic humanlike robot-- wearing a shawl and sunglasses-- wheeling into a 7-11 in an electric wheelchair and knocking over various displays and small children while attempting to grab the specific candy bars I requested. And then just zooming away without paying.)

I imagine the biggest struggle (aside from the social isolation) would be actually using all of that time and money somewhat productively as opposed to just playing video games/watching netflix and ordering weird stuff on ebay all day.