Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #129 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You get a new job, you put your nose to the grindstone. I never said it was easy, but if society bends that way there really isn't anything else to do but adapt. Do you have an alternative or are you just going to get pissy at the bluntness of my opinion?
No, I'm saying (which you seem to be wilfully ignoring) that the first six words of your reply are not that easy. Maybe for you: you're young. If the worst were to happen and I had to get a new job, I'd find it very hard at my age. People don't hire over-fifties unless you're in the high-paying corporate world and have a track record, which I don't. So to say "get a new job" makes it seem terribly easy, but it isn't.

Of course I don't have any solutions. This is why I'm making the point. It's not a case of who can come up with the best idea; I'm saying massive job losses will result from vehicle automation. You're saying so what, let them get another job, which is, on any level, flippant, no matter what you say or how you frame it. You're not providing any answers either. You are, however, trivialising the impact this is going to have on millions of families.