Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #6529 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

For the billionth time. Whether we like it or agree with it, every 4 years someone is going to become president of the USA. The most powerful position on the planet.

And since the foxes (politicians) are guarding the henhouse (Capitol Hill) there's really nothing we can do about it except vote for the least full dumpster available at the time.

I will never be able to vote for a politician that runs on a platform that makes the NRA, the Pro-Life Bible thumping folks, and the big banks and wall street people really, really happy. Sames goes for those who deny global warming and who want to relax EPA and OSHA regulations so that billionare businessmen can reep even more profits.

That pretty much eliminates 95% of Republicans including everyone who was on the GOP ticket this go around.

So that left Bernie and Hillary. Bernie being elected would have been like tossing a badger into the henhouse. He most likely would have run into the same obstruction as Trump has so far. He ran a campaign that tugged at a lot of people's ideals of how they'd like things to be - but just ask Trump about the reality of what happens once you actually hold the position.

That left Clinton. She's pro-choice, is for reasonable gun control, in favor of Wall Street regulations, believes in Global warming, and supports protecting the environement. She's got a ton of experience navigating the henhouse, has the respect of a lot of world leaders from her 4 years as secretary of state, and even if they won't say in front of a camera, has the respect of a lot of foxes.

Least full dumpster from where I sit.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote