Music Banter - View Single Post - Boxing
Thread: Boxing
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #121 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Boxing is a really good way to stay fit. You don't neccessarily have to get into the ring, but if you practise the moves right all combos are essentially a sequence of one of four moves. I took some kickboxing lessons, it really helped because what I learnt formed the foundation of how I practise. I'd suggest doing boxing in combination with some kind of yoga or Tai-chi to warm down.

The best thing I can tell you about boxing is the difference between Southpaws and Orthodox. Orthodox stance is traditionally leading with your left foot forward and your right or strong cross at the back. South paws is for fighters who cross with their left hand stronger, or for an orthodox boxer who is training and doesn't want to use their full strength. You always fight side on to block and all hits are just at 45 degrees jab, cross, hook or uppercut, keep your elbows in and your feet shoulder width apart. A kickboxer spread their feet more, that's all but you can use that for the uppercut it's the same as the twist kick. Always set your hook back to a block.
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote