Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #5248 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
what did you do for work, TH?
I used to work (almost thirty years, my only real job) for a freight firm. I'd have to be that early as a flight would arrive from Japan (not direct; nobody flew direct from Japan to Ireland, and they still don't. Think it was a KLM flight which came from Schipol) about 6am. I would have to prepare paperwork for Customs so that one of our larger customers could collect pallets of semiconductors at 8 and be on his way back to the plant in time for 9. It was all office work, but a lot of pressure. You were dealing mostly in Yen, so if you were tired or not paying attention, it was easy to overpay Customs duty to the tune of thousands or more. You really had to watch those zeroes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm like this too tbh. Work ethic is a gift and a curse.

I also quite enjoy this aspect of being in first (except I'm in a hallway and I just use headphones for tunes). I sit next to salesmen and starting the day off amidst yammering is weak sauce.
Yeah, the trouble with being known for a good work ethic is that people take advantage of you. Happened all the time with me. Every day I'd say "I'm going to go at 4 tomorrow". Never did. Not once.