Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #6658 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

First off, I'd just like to point out that we have now reached page 666!

Secondly, what the ****? She was fired for claiming all white people are racists. Whether this is what she believes or not, she has a duty to represent her employer and live up to a certain standard so she shouldn't be doing these things. A bit quick to fire her, yes, bit knee-jerk. However the headline is totally disingenuous and misleading. She was NOT fired for being a transgender, as it seems to claim, but for posting racist comments. Would the story have garnered quite so much interest if it had read "Black woman/person fired by L'Oreal for going on racist rant"? No, they chose to focus on an area of the story which they believed would pull at people's heartstrings and incite outrage, for completely the wrong reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
#Boycott L'Oreal.

I don't buy their products anyways but still **** em
No. That's more knee-jerk reaction. If she had been a white person fired for making racist black comments, would you feel the same? I genuinely don't know; I'm not assuming anything here. I am asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
You've been on fire recently.

Lucky I have a fire extinguisher to hand.