Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #28 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I still need to familiarize myself with all of her albums. I don't know even the ones I have in and out yet, so giving my full opinion about them will have to wait until somewhere in the future. I never feel comfortable judging an album that I like until I've lived with it for a while. Until then, any opinion I hold might change next week.

Ritmo being bad? Oh dear... I've put it on my wishlist for my birthday in October, so maybe I'll hear for myself soon enough. The only album that let me down so far is Left Hand Talking, but I only heard the whole thing once so I don't know for sure yet... (for the record, I only own Sportscar, I am the Phoenix, Turning Stones, Left Hand Talking and the Portfolio collection, so I haven't quite got by bearing yet. I'm especially interested in hearing all of her debut album, but it will take a while before I find a good copy of it.)
It might just be me. I found Ritmo a massive let down, almost her attempt at a full-blown disco/vacuous pop album. Actually, now I look at the tracklisting again it's not so bad. Certainly until halfway into the second side. And it ends well. Maybe I should give it another chance.

Incidentally, if you want digital copies of any of her albums, ie mp3s, let me know and I can post them for you.