Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 01:32 AM   #25828 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

A$AP Ferg - Still Striving

I like A$AP Ferg. He's not super great, but he's consistently good. This is Trap more along the lines of a 36 Mafia or something. Not much Autotune unless he features somebody that uses it. This project was disappointingly mediocre, but that's probably why it's a mixtape. Still some good stuff on there though.

Triple Threat - Triple Threat

This is a rap super group between juggalo rappers Twiztid and Blaze Ya Dead Homie. They have been trying to get something going for years. The original was going to be ISI (Infamous Superstars Incorporated) but I guess they stuck with Triple Threat named after a song they did on Twiztid's Mutant project. This album is not horrorcore it's gansgter rap.

I had low expectations, but it's better than I thought it would be. Nothing too spectacular because it's not a style I prefer, but it does sound like some old 2000s G-Unit styled music. A lot of the song titles and hooks are a bit, uhh, like they were trying a bit too hard to come off as gangster. If you like hardcore Gangster rap from the early 2000s era then I say this is worth a try.

¡MAYDAY! - Search Party

Mayday is a rap band along the lines of The Roots. I don't know who else to compare them too. They have a very poppy style as well. I wasn't too excited about this release because I thought their last one was disappointing and they have become extremely predictable at this point. This project really doesn't stray away from their formula. But I still liked it much better than the last album. Seems like there is a stronger focus on past relationships and overcoming heart break on this album than the usual.

$uicideboy$ - Kill Yourself Pts 16-20

$uicideboy$ are a really dark trap group. They are always putting out music and it's always been consistently good. These are no exception. I guess these are supposed to be the end of the Kill Yourself series of mixtapes. I lumped them all into one because they were all released on the same day and each have only 3 songs. All together that's 15 and is a project it's self. They tend to lump the songs together by feel. So each one has it's own feel. Either way, not a song I didn't like and I can't wait until their debut studio album is released.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 09-18-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote