Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Yes, despite the example set by those Indian towers of MicShazam, most architects worldwide seem terrified of any colours except grey, silver and beige - and we have plenty of those colours already, what with the sidewalks, the tarmac, the cars, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuD View Post
^ I like both of those buildings, the quoted and the example you posted. I agree. Totally blocky buildings are an eyesore. Without some variance in shape I feel like I'm just looking at an icon on a smartphone. I'd like the real world and what I have to scroll through on my phone to be different. Color schemes are also really important. There's a lot of beige, gray, and black formats in newer buildings. Kinda drab. A little green or teal or yellow or something would be nice.
In my opinion, building colors and materials should complement the environment around the building. Climate, weather, landscape, and the buildings already built around it should be a factor in any building's design. Blue and lots of glass look great in Miami, but not in England, New York City, or Shanghai. The more congested cities become, the less colorful and bright they should look. It looks more natural that way.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote