Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #7238 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
So you're mad that workers have to live under the poverty line so people who make money through glorified gambling can live like Kings right?
you're twisting my words a bit. you play with the hand you're dealt. i have a ton of sympathy for people who do everything they can to make things work and still can't figure out a way to make it happen. fortunately, in the area i live it is rather easy to make a good living without much else than a strong work ethic. i have very little sympathy for people who would rather spend their time whining about not having enough money than trying to go out there and change it.

i guess the bottom line for me is, i would love to see everyone make enough money to survive on, but from where I'm looking (again, obv very different than your guys' situations) I also want people to be paid according to their value and commitment and not just for showing up and doing a half-assed job.

obviously capitalism throws a wrench into this whole concept because you have people being born into incredibly wealthy families and not having to do anything for it, but chances are that's a result of someone in their bloodline busting their ass to try and give them that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote