Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #7429 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
This whole attitude is for the birds. People want to not vote and then sit back and be like "told you so nothing changes." The whole idea that the masses picked the wrong candidate isn't even accurate. The masses/majority are the the ones that don't even bother to participate. Yes, voting is only a small part of the process but it is still important when it comes to policy especially on the local level. You see changes much more on the local state level that will affect you much sooner than on national things.

I don't care about the fact that it seems like I am shaming them for not voting. They don't care about world like you claim they do. They are already so far gone in their apathy that it doesn't matter what I say. I understand feeling disenfranchised but doing nothing and complaining about changes happening to them when they could have at least tried pisses me off. The whole uprising of protest votes by not voting and voting third party is why we are stuck with Trump.
I just feel like there are certain actions that affect people and enact change more than participating in politics, such as creating art, or helping people. And shaming them for not voting hurts your cause more than it helps.

To be fair, when I became old enough, I did try to vote. Obama v.s. Romney. I was turned away at the polling station for not being "properly registered". In the last election, I was considering voting for Sanders, but after he got pushed out I didn't feel like picking between a pile of crap and a pile of vomit. Maybe third time will be the charm.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote