Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:10 AM   #81 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
They really are not. They're not even the best glam band by any stretch of the imagination.
They are not really Glam but more like Post-Glam or Proto-Glam Revival. They wore less to nil makeup compared to Cinderella, Twisted Sister or Britny Fox. Axl Rose stole the idea of being a pirate from Little Steven from the Boss' backup band, the E Street Band, and most of Axl Rose' wardrobe was trash picked from outside of Steven Tyler's house. So anyway they moved away from all the trite gimmicks of 80s Metal Glam but still kept some of the affectations of proto 80s Metal Glam like Aerosmith. GnR are the missing link in the evolution between 80s Metal Glam and 90s Metal and Hard Rock. GnR vs Grunge is an apples to oranges comparison. Grunge was more of the amalgamation of Punk and 80s college radio while GnR was the amalgamation of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock.

GnR were OK. Their popular songs were good enough, idk about their whole albums. But what really catapult them into being a household name were their concert shirts.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote