Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #215 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I thought Zeppelin had solid albums imho. As far as their contemporaries I am more of a fan of Traffic, Yes (sans 90125 & Big Generator) & Genesis (sans We Can't Dance). I felt that Chris Squire and his band (Yes as a revolving door band) really jumped the shark with Trevor Rabin and his junky Pop albums. I'm more of a Yes w/Peter Banks, and Yes w/Steve Howe fan. I can appreciate Zeppelin for who they are & what they've done a lot better than those who either hate the band (naturally), or those worship Led Zeppelin and knock every other bands.

Random indie is great. If you are knocking it you are probably listening to the wrong bands. I don't know why they ever bothered to call it Alt-Rock or indie, cause some of those bands did more to keep the original intent and spirit of Rock n Roll alive than anything else out there.

I don't get the whole thing about Yacht Rock. I heard it was attributed to Christopher Cross song, "Sailing." I don't think all roads lead to "Yacht Rock." Maybe people's taste mellow. Maybe they always had an interest in the softer side of music.
All roads lead to Rhodes...and Michael McDonald.

90125 has its moments, mostly in regards to 'Changes' and the closer 'Hearts'. Big Generator has a few good cuts as well. If you took the best material from those two albums (and possibly Union) and put them together you've have one of the best prog/pop crossover record of all time.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote