Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #235 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

For me personally, I only started really appreciating subtler, quieter music when I aged past 30. Before then, I was way more dependent on novel sounds and immediate gratification. It has only been in recent years that I've started seeing how simple and boring music like Joan Baez, Carly Simon, fado, celtic, etc. is not boring if you show some patience and let the nuances of the songwriting get under your skin.

It would definitely be fallacious to assume that one will necessarily gravitate towards more and more complex/weird/novel/intense things the older one gets. I personally took three decades to learn that music isn't only about immediate energy, hooks and interesting, unique sounds. Put simply, of course.

I'm probably being captain obvious again. It's just that I can see how one would think that a music obsessive should develop a taste for more and more esoteric pleasures over the years, but it can go the opposite direction too.

Personally, I'm feeling less interested in experimental and abrasive music than I used to.

Last edited by MicShazam; 10-17-2017 at 02:28 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote