Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #331 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
You can have both broad and niche tastes, though. A wide variety of genres, spanning both niche and more above ground artists and styles.

I guess, given the premise of this whole discussion over the last several pages, that I'd say I respect broad tastes more than anything specific like a taste for avant garde. If someone has broad tastes, they would seem able to give a variety of things a shot and grow to like them. That's really all I need to take someone seriously. If a hypothetical other person knew everything about avant garde and jazz, but didn't really listen to anything else, I'd rather listen to the musical opinions of the person with very broad tastes.

So basically I respect the musical opinions of everyone on MB. No one in here seems musically closed minded to me. I don't think so at least. I don't have a good grasp of the tastes of every single member.
You're not grasping my member!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nah, people with ultra-niche tastes commonly hold those because they're unwilling to explore outside of that niche. After a certain point, they're basically the same as people who only listen to the radio to me.
This I would agree with. Nobody would ever call me adventurous, but recently I have, if not stepped outside, at least opened the door and looked nervously out towards the borders of my comfort zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
honestly i can't take you seriously until you've given black metal a serious attempt. idgaf about the other subgenres, you can hate them all you want, but no one is allowed to dismiss the trvest metal.
I agree one hundred percent. Black metal can blow your ****ing mind man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
There.
Where?
Quote:
batlord spent quite a while trying to get me into power metal but it just sucks. it's corny and stupid and i don't like it.
Other than that though, it's good, yeah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'd check out The Fall but I don't think I could stand to listen to a band full of people with mohawks.
Mohawks than who?
Quote:
if you can pick out any lyrics in a Darkthrone song i'll give you $500

don't get me wrong, there are some cringe black metal lyrics, but you can't make out the vocalist well enough to understand much of it.
There are such things as lyrics websites you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm just gonna assume Elph hasn't even listened to any actual weirdo black metal like Burzum or Blut Aus Nord.
They are the ****, yes.
Quote:
Not sure I'd put any country up there yet as I haven't been listening to it for long but I can see Dolly up there eventually. And honestly when I'm into ICP I don't listen to much else, but there can be months when I don't listen to them at all cause I'll burn myself out in a two-week binge. I won't argue though.

No Slayer. Worthless. And I barely even listen to Arkangel anymore tbh. I burned myself the **** out on Dead Man Walking. Surprised no one said Britney Spears too.
Nobody cares.
Quote:

As for my top three? Anyone? Come on dudes, it's totally not hard!