Music Banter - View Single Post - Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #347 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Well, it's like we are the Seussian north-going Zax and a south-going Zax who meet face to face over a Yes album. Where I use to like the album at first, and then I started noticing little things about it that annoyed me, and eventually I became less and less enthused over it, eventually out-growing it. For you it was an album that grew on you.

Sorry that your arguments didn't work on me. I can be persuaded though ... sometimes. The album "Genesis" was one in their catalog that I never really payed much attention to, until I came across Trollheart's ire for the album. Being rather stunned by his comments, and rather curious about them too, I played the album to see whether he was right or wrong. I diligently studied the album looking for any and all mistakes - not really finding any. The album became on of my favorites of theirs. "Taking It All Too Hard" is such a great song. (I will allow you to refer to it as a "Prog-Pop" song if you have the irresistible inclination to call it as such.) It didn't score high on the charts, much much lower on the charts than the singles that follow it. Kinda shows at what is popular isn't a really good gauge to what is good music.

I gave a few examples of bands I like that I think wrote better songs. However I don't know how solid you would consider their albums, but their music appeals to me much more than what's on 90125.

your hand:
Yes - 90125 (November 7th, 1983)
Trevor Rabin Era Yes - The Best of TREY (an Anteater compilation)

read 'em and weep:
Journey - E5C4P3 (July 31, 1981)
Saga - Worlds Apart (September 1981)
The Cars - Shake It Up (November 6, 1981)
Asia - Asia (March, 1982)
Rush - Signals (September 9, 1982)
INXS - Shabooh Shoobah (October 1982)
The Fixx - Reach the Beach (May 15th, 1983)
Genesis - Genesis (October 3rd, 1983)
Hey boi I got a hand too. A pimp handddd

Alan Parsons Project - Turn Of A Friendly Card (1980)
King Crimson - Discipline (1981)
Zebra - Zebra (1983)
Yes - 90125 (1983)
It Bites - Once Around The World (1988)
Giraffe - The View From Here (1988)
Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love (1989)

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote