Music Banter - View Single Post - Catalonia
Thread: Catalonia
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I came across this video two days before MLM made this thread. Strange how the first one almost came true.

10 Countries That May Not Survive The Next 20 Years
Published on May 7, 2015
Interesting video, no chance that the United Kingdom doesn't exist in 20 years though, even after Brexit.

Scottish nationalism is declining, SNP are losing seats and votes very quickly in Scotland, loads of Yes voters also voted for Brexit so I can't see that being a reason for another referendum any time soon.

Wales are as in favour of the Union almost as much as England is, maybe even more so, there is a minority of nationalists but no more than there are English nationalists in England imo.

Northern Ireland is a bit more complicated I accept that, but even there, very unlikely. Loyalists go without saying they would choose to remain but I think even among Catholics support is either split or now slightly in favour of remaining in the UK. Can't see it happening.

I mean I suppose it's 'possible' that one of these gains independence but support for the Union remains high in all four constituents of the UK.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote