Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #209 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Well, I think it's a pretty good argument that I can't be expected to listen to every album that someone tells me is amazing. Just like I don't expect people to listen to whatever I consider the best albums of whatever genre. Literally all the time I've spent logged on to this forum today has been spent listening to new music. Like I said; it's always a tradeoff. Doing one thing means not doing another, because I can't do everything. How is that even a bad argument? I mean come on, do you even listen to anywhere near all the albums various people say are great? I doubt it. There's 24 hours in your days too.

So if I've heard a Velvet Underground album, heard various Lou Reed tracks, heard some Nico tracks a while ago, heard a lot of highly praised 60's and 70's rock - both more radio friendly and more arty material. Is it really any wonder I'm choosing to say "allright, enough is enough" at some point? I really doubt you or anyone would behave differently. I'm pretty sure I can't persuade you to listen to more of whatever I like that you don't like (so uhh, most of it, I guess). Just saying you and everyone else really has the same approach as me.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote