Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #210 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Well, I think it's a pretty good argument that I can't be expected to listen to every album that someone tells me is amazing. Just like I don't expect people to listen to whatever I consider the best albums of whatever genre. Literally all the time I've spent logged on to this forum today has been spent listening to new music. Like I said; it's always a tradeoff. Doing one thing means not doing another, because I can't do everything. How is that even a bad argument? I mean come on, do you even listen to anywhere near all the albums various people say are great? I doubt it. There's 24 hours in your days too.
Cop outs are not good arguments. What you're arguing here is just an empty way for you to write off anything that isn't already on the roster.

Also, I would definitely check out any album that is as important and oft-discussed as the VU & Nico just to have an idea of what everyone's talking about.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote