Music Banter - View Single Post - Trout Mask Replica vs. The Velvet Underground & Nico
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:48 PM   #212 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Cop outs are not good arguments. What you're arguing here is just an empty way for you to write off anything that isn't already on the roster.
No, because that roster is expanding semi daily and I'm already picking a pretty broad range of material and allowing for surprises plentifully. Every single thing that I've lined up to check out/listen to in full represents 100 things not being put on the list. I fail to see how any other approach is even possible. Unless you just start from the top like Trollheart is doing with the wiki list, which your all telling him is retarded.

This is all general and not specifically about this VU album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Also, I would definitely check out any album that is as important and oft-discussed as the VU & Nico just to have an idea of what everyone's talking about.
About that specific album, it really isn't too weird that I'm not feeling a great deal of enthusiasm about the idea of listening to it. Pretty damn consistently, over the last 10 years, I've had little except a shrug to offer for all the supposedly important and fantastic 60's, 70's and 80's rock albums (including sub-genres, of course) that I have given a shot. I mean, would Elphenor listen to whatever I have to recommend? Not until hell freezes over. It's the same situation, uh, sort of. Except I have some actual respect for people who enjoy music that I don't tend to care much about
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote