Music Banter - View Single Post - World Cup 2018 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #147 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
FA Cup. Only competition where a team from the lowest division can harbour any sort of hope that they might beat a Prem one. And it happens more often than those who know nothing about football would think.
good point. actually, for that matter the league system in general. american sports are seriously lacking without any sort of promotion system from the lower leagues. it's a two sided issue i believe primarily because buying a sports team in america is now something you do as a way to acquire an asset, not because you actually care about the team. if you add the caviet that your team might just get demoted and see attendance, tv money, and merch sales dwindle, a lot of owners would back out. second of all the travel would be a bigger issue with the size of Canada and the United States. imagine a lower team having to travel from Vancouver to Florida for a game. not cheap.

regardless, it's potentially my favourite aspect of european football. especially when it leads to Palace and West Ham being relegated this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote