Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #8314 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'm reminded of the panic that attended Operation Yewtree in the UK (who the **** comes up with these operational names??) which unearthed the consistent abuse practiced by Jimmy Savile, when everyone from Cliff Richard (false) to Rolf Harris (true) was being accused. You got a lot of people either making mountains out of molehills to get in the papers and a real "ME TOO!" idea, but Yewtree certainly uncovered some serious, evil, systematic abuse that was prevalent through the entire British entertainment industry, supported (even tacitly) by the authorities, so it had to be a good thing.

I imagine you'll get the same with Hollywood. Some innocents will be accused, but others will exposed for the ****s they are. Occult, what say you now about Spacey, whom you were defending so hotly when the first accusation broke? If it is a witch pursuit thingy, then it's certainly a necessary one. Looks like this sort of thing has been going on too long unchecked, and it needs to stop now. Everyone accused will either be vindicated or damned; until that happens there's no point in taking individual cases and trumpeting their innocence, ie doing a Spacey.

My three-fiddy.