Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Comprehensive Guide to Iron Maiden
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Both right and wrong

While it is one of my favorite Maiden albums (so ok, spot on) I don't like Alexander the Great much. Favorite track of mine from this disc: Wasted Years!
I don't think I said it was your favourite, did I? I remember you going on about it, particularly that ****fest "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner"...
Quote:

I guess one of the things I like a lot about this album is that I - unlike you - really find the songwriting appealing, plus I really like the guitar tones on this album.

And I do like this song quite a bit. It's got this folk metal feel that I think cool, even if it's no Blood Brothers in that regard. The quiet intro is quite nice too. There are better songs on the album but the only bad song on the album is the Angel and the Gambler... which you seem to think is the best one!? Heresy!
I don't actually particularly LIKE A&tG, but it's the one on that album I hate least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nah, "Prowler" is the only song as good.
Well, you're The Batlord so I guess you must be right. Can I go kill myself now?