Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Comprehensive Guide to Iron Maiden
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Again, I can't comment at the moment, as, as I said, I've listened to every album post Brave New World once, perhaps twice, and none of them have made any sort of an impression on me. I really thought the return of Bruce and BNW would signal a rebirth and a second golden age for the band, but it just hasn't worked out that way. Guess we all get old. Maybe it's time to hand over to the young guns, having created their own metal mythology by now that will probably never be surpassed?
Honestly you should give A Matter of Life and Death a few more listens. It's not nearly as immediately accessible as their early classics, but it definitely is one of their better albums in general and deserves to be given a chance to grow on you. I think they're a better band than you're giving them credit for tbh. I mean "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" at the very least should give you pause. It's not even a typical Maiden song but still manages to have the catchy riffs to make it into quite possibly the only mid-tempo, seriously heavy song that Maiden has ever produced, and it's also pretty accessible right from the off. It's a different Maiden song that's by far one of their best, proving that they still had creativity in them at least as far as 2006.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote