Music Banter - View Single Post - Heaviest most brutal music genre?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Saying that it's probably quite good implies that it isn't good, wouldn't you say?
In this case it just means that I'm not all that familiar with this particular album yet. It seems solid, but I haven't heard the whole thing. I picked it because it was a good example of something that doesn't quite hit high on the heavy-scale for me, despite how it seems like it should, in many ways. I'm more familiar with a couple of their other albums, which, sound way more heavy to my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Of course there's value in good production, but letting imperfect production soil your opinion of an album that still achieves what it aims to is an unfortunate way to appreciate music imo. Not everyone can have access to an adult contemporary's recording studio.
It may still impress me in other ways. In fact, quite many albums that I love exhibit questionable production choices. Just like a lot of games that I like have ugly graphics, a lot movies that I like have bad acting, etc. I'm just going to let the "adult contemporary" thing slide
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote