Music Banter - View Single Post - is it gay to blow a transgender person?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #212 (permalink)
Xurtio
Brain Licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I don't think any 100% heterosexual male would want to want to have sex with a former woman who still has a penis. I'd imagine you'd have to be either gay or at least bi-sexual. Same goes for a relationship where the transgender partner is post-op, probably.

I'ts honestly a very strange and very volatile thing to talk about. It's complex, people have strong feelings about it and it's one of the quickest ways to unexpectedly piss someone off on the internet. I feel like I should just shut up.

I'm going out on thin ice anyways as saying that in my view, though it does not make them lesser as people, I don't ever think that a transgender person can transition 100%. You will forever be transgender, rather than completely be what you wish you could be. This is sad to think, since these people really feel like they need it, but I don't think it could be any other way, short of reincarnation. So an - even very convincing transgender male-to-female person - is still male in some kind of sense - as well as female in another sense.
it's more complicated than you think (sexual dimorphism, I mean). We all start as females in the womb, right? there's a set of molecules called androgens that act on specific pathways of expression and cause particular morpholigical changes which are obvious for us to observe (gonadal sex). But it's not always the case the genetic sex is the same as gonadal sex (sometimes the androgen program fails completely and a genetic male stays gonadally female).

but.. gonads are directly observable. changes in immune system, circulatory system, and brain chemistry are not, and androgen expression works to different degrees in different pathways in different people.

Where do you define 100% male? They must be a vanishingly small set (statistically) of perfect androgen expression. it's with low probability any particular male in a given room is such.