Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #222 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is a sort of meaningless truism of the system we inhabit akin to "life isn't fair"

for a minority of the population right now it's actually outright false

anarchic/communist schools of thought are built around reducing the "have to do" for the general population transferring it where it can be to the "want to do"
Okay, so based on your follow up reply, yeah I kind of agree that retirees and potentially trustfund stupid rich people do have that luxury more than we do.

Quote:
Soviet Russia provided opportunities for self expression in that you did get to choose your own job

at my current job I may express my individuality by choosing to wear a black shirt with pockets or a black shirt without pockets

so because a system allows for some self expression doesn't mean that the self expression is meaningful

and in there lies my critique neither Capitalism nor Authoritarian Communism provides meaningful individualism in a way that you'd want to boast about
Choose your own job from a list of approved jobs or can you literally go out and try to make a career out of anything? The freedom/individuality I was talking about is not following a dress code. It's about having the freedom to leave your black shirt job and pursue something that makes you happy. I am the individual I want to be and as a non-oppressed minority have every opportunity to make something of myself, idk what other kind of individualism and freedom you could ask for. Also, the rich have no control over me voting with my dollar contrary to what Chula tries to push on everyone. People shop at Walmart because they can't be bothered not to or simply don't care enough.

Quote:
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote