Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #225 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
having to live in a society that forces you to spend money to live would be repulsive even if they gave you the money but to set it up so you have to work to get money when you never even wanted to live in this sort of economy in the first place is ****ing sadistic

most people can’t imagine anything else so they don’t understand how oppressive this existence is
Indeed. Just the propaganda of expecting people to want to work and fetishizing work ethic indoctrinates people into corporatist mindsets, divides people based on class (since you want to work harder to rise in class and not move down or stay in lower classes), demonizes lower classes and their cultures (and minorities by extension) since they supposedly haven't worked hard enough, restricts the acceptance of lifestyles which are not based on consumerist "progress" (tattoos are a no-no, gotta have the right hair and clothes, and don't even talk about any sub-culture that would be seen as anathema to getting dat good corporate job), encourages being a "team player" at the expense of those who naturally are not "team players", etc.

I might be a lazy ****, but I don't see my "happy ending" in overcoming my basic nature and becoming a high-functioning, goal-oriented "employee"-type, as I just don't enjoy that mindset in general and would simply feel claustrophobic if I tried. But there's no way my worldview will ever be anything but marginalized in a capitalistic society.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote