Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2017 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm not, believe it or not, trying to put your music down. I don't like it, but that's me. But, if you were to GIVE your music away to people on the streets, say, and ask them to give you feedback when they had listened, I wonder what the overall reaction would be (other than, get me away from this crazy guy, I bet he has a gun, I had better take his damn album!) ....
1: It really depends on the album.
2: The average person on the street is not a good target audience for the genres I play, so it's really not a good indicator at all. I honestly think that someone like OH is a good indicator because he already has an esoteric knowledge of American primitivism, free improvisation, and overall experimental music and still appreciates the music in those contexts. Now of course, despite what he says his opinion is biased to a degree, but it's still telling that someone like him appreciates the music.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote