Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 10:51 AM   #1050 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m not asking for favoritism. I simply asking that you be honest. My journal is the hottest thing going. If music banter was a woman, lamp lighter would be the vagina.
But you are. You're quite clearly and unashamedly saying "My journal is the best! Feature it you ****!" And I won't. I don't do that. But there are other reasons. I actually don't think your journal is the best. I can't follow it. What's the theme, the idea? You seem to jump all over the place with it, and I can't make head or tail of it. Some of your entries are one line, or a video, some are treatises on 1928 Russia or something. It's not in any way consistent, and I'm sorry, but I think there are much better journals out there.

Even if I didn't think this, though, I still wouldn't give it more coverage than others because that would not be fair, and anyway as I keep saying, that's not the purpose of this thread, which is essentially "Hey! Look what's going on in the journals section!" It's like a newsletter, or a "What's On" advertisement. In the latter, nobody tells you why, say, the Strolling Players of Munich's production of Hamlet is so great, they just tell you it's on, and where, and let you make your own mind up. There are no editorials here, and unless, as I say, I pick your (or someone else's) journal to feature in one of my sections it will get the same coverage as anyone else. Others have complained about this, but that's how I run this. If that's not good enough for you then I'm sorry, but I'm not your personal PR Department. If your journal can't stand on its own without promotion, well, I hardly need tell you what that means, do I?