Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2017 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 03:38 AM   #209 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
The argument isn't that "these laws didn't always exist" over simplifying ****. The argument is what changed from back then to now? What dire change did these laws make that you actually noticed? I bet you didn't even know they existed until this hysteria.

I don't care, personally I'm in favor of keeping them, I just think that the fear mongering is an overreaction to something that probably won't have much impact anyways. It's almost very reminiscent to those anti piracy laws being passed way back in 2011 where everybody got their panties in a bunch and here we are with nothing changed still stealing most of our music. Like, calm the **** down. Jesus Christ people are like a bunch of horrified sheep being herded around at the amusement of the shepherd.
The main difference in the two scenarios is that there's always been anti-piracy laws, and people were always going go pirate music. If anything, this is significantly worse for people who do pirate music than any anti-piracy law could ever be, because Comcast could basically decide that TPB or Demonoid isn't part of our network.

I think this is more about precedent than anything else, and the repeal is a big loss because of that. On the positive side, I think that there will be some companies that work around it, but still I think we should be working towards socializing the internet like they do in Europe instead of further privatizing it.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote