Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Own Election for Alabama Senator
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #236 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I agree

but it's not like we have a real debate of priorities

where say one party wants more money unemployment benefits and the other more for infrastructure to prevent unemployment

instead one party's voters doesn't believe either these things matter because bootstraps
doot doot bureaucracy and the blues don't care about you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'd like to think so, but with the conservative religious and social beliefs of working class minorities I'd say the Republicans have the most to gain. So I see a net loss for the Democrats in that realm, but it'll probably be a long term thing. It'll take more than a few elections for African Americans and Latinos to forget everything that the Repubs have worked for against them, but eventually they'll come to terms.
The Republicans are doing it actively by bringing in younger minorities and pseudominorities like Rubio. The dems have done it, but it was more of a compromise to let Bernie concede support to the dumpster.

Quote:
Unless of course those minorities in the meantime achieve wealth equality with whites and cease to be working class, both economically and socially, and that is most certainly laughable.
I get what you mean here but damn does it look bad with your avatar.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote